Apprenticeship Program Outline
Apprenticeship applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be 17 years of age (18 at the time of indenture) or older
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or two-year associates degree or higher
- Have a passing grade in one full year of high school or post-high school algebra
- Earned a qualifying grade on the aptitude test
- Be physically able to perform the work of an electrical apprentice
- Have evidence of a valid Iowa driver's license and reliable transportation
- Pass an alcohol/drug test
Documented experience in electrical construction will be considered for possible interview opportunities and/or advanced placement.
Remember, you are applying for a training program and not just applying for a job. The JATC training is accredited for college credits.
Application forms for the apprenticeship program may be picked up at Local 288. Additional information can be found at Iowa JATC.